Tomato Basil Tart
Cooking Light, August 2002
1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated soft breadstick dough (Use refrigerated pie crust! Trust me!)
8 plum tomatoes
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 large egg whites
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Unroll dough, separating into strips. Working on a flat surface, coil 1 strip of dough around itself in a spiral pattern. Add second strip of dough to end of first strip, pinching ends to seal; continue coiling remaining dough. Let rest 10 minutes.
3. Roll dough into 12-inch circle; fit into bottom and up sides of 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray. Cover dough with foil; arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes; remove weights and foil. Bake additional 5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350
5. Core and slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, place tomatoes, salt sides down, on several layers of paper towels. Let stand 10 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
6. Place basil, cheeses, pepper, and egg whites into blender or food processor.
Spread mixture over crust.
Arrange tomato slices over cheese mixture, brush with olive oil.
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield 6 servings.
CALORIES 283 (30% from fat) FAT 9.3g (sat 3.9g, mono 3.5g, poly 1.5g) PROTEIN
15.5g CARB 32.5g FIBER 1.8g CHOL 19mg IRON 2.1mg SODIUM 863mg CALC 273mg
The Schmooze News
Everything about Kosher
The Schmooze Kosher Recipes
Jewish Communities of the World